Lookit, it’s my name right up there! And it’s tomorrow! Please come through, drop by, I have cookies.
(poster by Ella Lama)
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Coleman Hawkins
(can we have a moment for that incredible smooth sounding tenor sax mm)
Typography and design overload!
If you live in the area, please drop by this weekend!! I’ll be selling pastries, handpainting cookies, and we’re making a bunch of zines and craft kits.
alternatives to “it was all just a dream”
- it was all just a story the narrator heard somebody else tell on the bus
- it was all just somebody rambling after getting their wisdom teeth out
- it was all just a feature length puppet show
- it was all just a set of cave paintings
- it was all just a frighteningly elaborate set of instructions on the back of a microwaveable meal
The usual: staining some wood at 3am and straight on till morning. It’s kind of my favorite thing to do, so that’s okay. It’s so satisfying (plus I like the wood+stain smell).
I have a theory that the pieces displayed inside (even the most renowned) art galleries aren’t necessarily the best, most striking works of art to exist on the planet at any particular time, rather the stationary nature of art on a wall (because you can move closer and observe details), combined with the low sound level inside art galleries and the amount of time we allot ourselves to slowly ingest those pieces, make it so we are forced to appreciate even the most subtle nuances of a painting, a photograph and words.
There’s a lot of beautiful, fascinating, and exquisite things to appreciate every day in front of you.