“Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”—
Yes, I guess it had to come out sometime. I’m temporarily addicted to Mcfly. It’s hopefully just a phase, like Isabel’s Click Five moments, but. All I can listen to is them. All the time. I’d say everywhere, too, but I don’t have a music player. Just a Discman and the comp.
They just sound different. Happy. Plus they have all that old-school backup voicing.. Hahaha.
And they all are pretty darn good-looking.
Especially the bassist.
Hopefully I’ll get back into more serene music next week.. It’s kinda embarassing to start dancing in the mall to “I just wanna date a sur-fer babe, I, hope it’s not a little too late, I, know-you-don’t-think-you’re-my-type,
I know, I know, I haven’t posted in days, and I feel horrible about it. If it makes you feel better, I haven’t written in my journal either. (ack!)
So. Here’s a rundown of my week.
Friday - Joax Morados’ birthday party. This loud cute little kid is 6 now! I can hardly believe it. I stayed out until 10, laughing with Faye and Danish and watching the rest of the boys play basketball. (Danri and Sam!! Ahahahaha!)
Saturday - I got up at 6am (omg) and went traipsing off to Divisoria to buy some stuff for Kid’s Church. At least I thought it was some. Turns out it was lots. As in, LOTS. i never knew I could carry that much weight. I thought I would keel over from a heart attack, or at least, dehydration, but it didn’t happen, thank goodness. And then, being the crazy person that I am, I decided to attend service. Yes. I hardly remember any of the preaching, but I do remember the video at the end. And the worship. Which must count for something. And I remember having butterflies because someone looked my way. Ahahahahahah….haaaaah.
Mash has a terrible sunburn.
Waaaaaaahhh! I want to have a sunburn too! I want to be dreadfully uncomfortable and itchy and peely if it meant going somewhere with friends for the holiday! *sigh*
After service I stayed up till 3 painting things. Including a lion. And packaging lots of little prizes into bags, and filling Easter eggs, and wondering how on earth would I be able to get up at the crack of dawn..
But I did it! I put my contacts in too. Beat that.
Sunday - Fun, fun day. I spent it putting on tattoos and face paint. After the kids, the youth came in, and some of them never even talk to me, but they wanted tattoos too, and so Ina and worked like mad. It was fun.
Then the afternoon service. The whole thing all over again, but much more hectic. One kid had me paint on both his cheeks, his hands, his arms, and finally, running out of space, his knees. Hahahaha. They’re all adorable.
And now I am so exhausted I can’t even walk around the house. It’s more like dragging myself to different places.
Totally explains why I’ve been PMS-ing all week. And shoveling sweet stuff into my mouth. Oh, and also a whole lot of other stuff. Like yesterday, I ate a crepe with ham and cheese, some ice cream, another crepe with stewed apples, more ice cream, then on the way home, a McNuggets meal with a large coke. And when I got home, two peanut butter sanwhiches and a Nesvita. For dinner.
1. I woke up all groggy. Didn’t really feel like waking up, but. Sam was talking in my ear about how I should be sweeping up Rufus’ poop. Haaay.
2. I worked on a paper about Veterinary Medicine. Thank goodness it was just, literally, a paper. My brain couldn’t function. But it was really interesting looking up all those stuff. I used to want to become a veterinarian, but after seeing quite a bit of roadkill and too many National Geographic specials, I decided I would do something else, become rich, and just donate money to build animal shelters and hospitals.
3. I made something! I can’t say what it is, because it’s supposed to be a gift for someone.. It’s really cute. Nooooo…i can’t bear to part with it!
4. I helped Ina with some chords. She’s so proud of herself, she can now play while singing. Well, so it’s only one song, but still.
5. I joined NaBloPoMo. It stands for National Blog Posting month, and the rules are, you just have to blog everyday for a month. And you can win money. Hahahaha. But I joined just so I could motivate myself to blog. I need to practice my writing skills.
6. I took out the trash.
7. I walked the dog. It was windy tonight! Yay.
8. I berated the TV for not letting us watch Project Runway. Okay, so it isn’t his fault, but aarrghh. As you know, we don’t have cable, so have A Limited Number of channels. One of them is (was) ETC. And now there’s hardly any signal for that channel, so we can only hear it, not see it. *sad sigh*
I guess you guys know by now I’m going through a sewing phase. If you know me well, you’ll know this happens to me often. I get interested in something and then I Just Can’t Stop for, well, ages. I’ve gotten crochet phases, pink phases, drawing objects phases, milk-tea-with-sago-and-grass-jelly phases, Dougie Poynter phases, Memory-by-Sugarcult phases, painting phases, hat-making phases, paper-cutting phases, hamster phases, ferret phases, and almost anything else you can think of.
And right now it’s a mixture of…hmm. Making my own clothes, drawing little girls in period clothing, listening to McFly (yes, McFly), and wanting to build bookshelves.
Sometimes I think I’m way too romantic. That I always have my head in the clouds. That I am trying to get to another, more exciting place. Because This Here is too dreary. And so I want to have adventures.
I didn’t go to Festi on Sunday beacuse commuting scares me!
Arggghhhhh….. *rants* *slams keyboard* *accidentally erases everything she just wrote*
I had my hair cut today. Yes. It’s now (almost) shoulder length. Kinda short, for me. I mean, my hair is always a long tangly cascade.
I chickened out at the last minute and told the guy not to cut my bangs. And now I regret it. Because I can hardly see out from under them.
Although I have this urge.. to trim them myself. I think I’ll try. I mean, it’s just hair. Right?
Oh, this is funny. While he was busy lopping off 3-inch bits of hair (which kept falling into my lap and sticking to my bag) he asked me how old I was. And then he asked why didn’t I join the Miss Philippines pageant. I had to laugh. But, still, it was nice to think I looked like pageant material. Although if he saw the rest of me he would change his mind. Hahahahahaha.
My hair’s straight! I can’t bear to take a shower and mess it up. :(
And watching the premiere of Horton Hears a Who. I’m excited. I’ve wanted to see that movie for months. Jojo is so cute and emo…
I’m going to cut my hair!
The premiere is at SM Megamall. I haven’t been there in ages. But hey! There’s a Simple Joys store there.. and a Surplus.. and a Carolina’s! Yay! Ribbon and lace and buttons and feathers! And yarn! Whoopee.